Monday, October 23, 2006

Benjamin Franklin Exhibit

A few weeks ago, I went to the Missouri History Museum to see an eshibit of over 250 Benjamin Fraanklin artifacts. The exhibit is soon to open in Philadelphia. The following are a just a handful of the original items I was lucky enough to see. I spent two hours looking at things that were actually conected to the life of Ben Franklin. All of the images are copied from the internet as I wasn't allowed to take photos. I saw Charles Nicholas' famous painting of Frankin in his fur hat.

The printing press that BF used in London in the middle 1720s.
This is the only known portrait of Deborah Franklin's "forgotton" wife.
Franklin's Electric Battery
Did you know that BF invented a musical instrument called the Armonica. Beautiful to listen to and there are CDs available!

No comments: